Do you need to take your pet overseas?
We have all you need to meet any vaccination and certification procedures to make this possible. Remember to start your planning for this as soon as possible because it can take at least 3 months to ensure all export requirements are complied with.
Please call on 09 5370111 to discuss your needs.
PET EXPORT INFORMATION FOR CATS AND DOGS TO AUSTRALIA
If you are planning on sending your pet Dog or Cat to Australia below are the requirements for travel.
- You will need to book yours pets flight through a Pet Export Company they will organise the flight directly with the airline.
- Your pet must be micro-chipped prior to export.
- Your pet will require an Export Certificate and a Health Check within 5 days of their travel. All our vets at Sommerville Veterinary Centre are certified to provide this service and we provide the export certificate at the time of the health check.
- Blood tests will be required if your dog has not resided in New Zealand or Australia since birth. Dogs must have resided in New Zealand for a minimum of 21 days prior to blood being taken from your dog. Please allow 2-3 weeks for results we can organise these blood tests for you.
- Your pet must be at least 8 weeks old to travel and must not be more than 40 days pregnant or suckling young at the time of export.
Certain breeds of Dogs are prohibited from entering Australia these breeds are as follows:
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- Dogo Argentino
- Fila Brasileiro
- Japanese Tosa
- Presa Canario
For any further information or costs please contact the vet clinic on (09) 537-0111.