COVID-19 Update from Sommerville Vet Centre
We are pleased to advise that we will be moving to our Level 2 Systems from Monday the 18th of May. The details of what this means are outlined below, we thank you all so much for your loyalty and help over the past 7 weeks. We anticipate that Level 2 will be with us for some months, so it is our intention to settle into ‘normal’ veterinary services over the next 4 – 6 weeks as safety and distancing rules allow.
Our opening hours are as follows:
Saturday : Closed for veterinary appointments, retail only 8-3.30pm.
Call MAHVC on 09 277 8383 for emergencies and urgent care when we are closed.
Routine veterinary procedures to resume!
We have begun clearing a back log of vaccinations and some routine de-sexing and we will continue to open up appointment space for booking all non-urgent procedures over the next 4 weeks. We will prioritise the most overdue procedures first so please be patient if we ask you to wait a wee while longer for some appointments.
Coming to the clinic
We are now able to have clients in the clinic but numbers are limited so that we can respect distancing regulations.
- For all pet appointments you must continue to call ahead and make an appointment. We will also require you to contact us from your car when you arrive. We have streamlined this procedure to make it easier and quicker and will now require you to text our dedicated ‘check-in number’. Once we know you’re here we will confirm when you and your pet can safely come in via our waiting room porch entry. Please Note: Because of the size of our consulting rooms and the risks for both pet owners and staff of ‘close contact’ exposure we will still limit the number of consultations we do in these rooms. Most often we will discuss your pets requirements in person and take them into the consult rooms while you wait.
- ‘Call and Collect’ is still required for any prescription refills and pet food or over the counter products like flea control. Our waiting room and shop areas are divided, and we will limit the number of clients in each area to 2 at a time. It will help us if you use our dedicated check-in number to let us know you’re here to collect.
Some more important things to remember
- Please do not come to the clinic if you are unwell, have any respiratory symptoms or have been required to self-isolate for any reason. Please do not be offended if our staff remind when you call to make an appointment.
- Maintain the appropriate distancing of at least 1 meter at all times when inside our clinic and please NO leaning on or over the reception counter.
- Our preferred payment method is via “Pay Wave’ with your credit or debit card at the time of consultation or when picking up treatments or medications. We also accept direct credit payments in advance for products and medications but please complete these payments 24 hours prior to collection so we can verify the transaction or provide proof of payment.
- Only ONE person per pet or per collection will be allowed into the clinic. If you have children or dependents with you let us know and we can come to your car.
- We will continue to use contact-less consents for admissions and anaesthesia. Please follow the directions of our staff if your pet will be staying with us.
- If you cannot or would rather not visit us then we still have tele-medicine consultations available. Unfortunately, we cannot do house-calls.
We will be able to use our practice management software and e-appointment book to trace all clients entering the clinic. To do this successfully we will have no ‘cash’ sales and all transactions will be linked to your client accounts.
Stay safe and enjoy your pets!
The Sommerville Vets Team