Maximum 2 Cats
- Peak times include Auckland Anniversary Weekend, Easter, Anzac Day, Queen’s Birthday Weekend, Labour Day Weekend, Waitangi Weekend and December 20th – 6th January.
- Weekend is Friday-Monday inclusive.
- Peak times are often booked out well in advance so plan accordingly.
Terms and Conditions
Our terms and conditions are designed to ensure that all of our cat guests are kept healthy and safe while they are staying with us.
- Owners must provide veterinary certification that their cat is up to date with vaccinations against cat flu and enteritis. If the annual vaccination is due within one month of admission into the Loft, a booster vaccination will be required before admittance to the Loft.
- All cats must be treated for worms and fleas before entering the Loft Cattery. If they have not been treated within the manufacturer’s recommendation or if fleas/worms are found on your cat, we will treat your cat with a suitable product and you will be charged for the service.
- Our hours of opening are 8-9am and 5-6pm Monday-Saturday and 4-5pm Sunday unless by prior arrangement. We are closed on Christmas day, New Years Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
- All cats must arrive at the Loft in a secure cat carrier.
- Bookings made over peak times* are not secured until a 50% deposit has been paid for the booking. If the booking is cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled arrival date, the deposit will be credited against the next booking. If the cancellation is made within 24hours or less of the scheduled arrival date, only half of the deposit will be credited.
- Charges start on the day of arrival. If your cat is picked up before 9am on the day of departure, then this day is not charged for. If your cat is picked up after 9am, then a full day is charged.
- Over peak times* owners agree to pay for the full booking period, even if your cat is picked up before the scheduled departure date.
- Cats will not be released to owners until all costs incurred during their stay at the Loft have been settled.
- On admittance, owners must advise the Loft staff of any medical or surgical problems that their cat may have, or any special temperament issues, that may require special care. There may be additional charges if your pet requires regular medicating.
- Owners must understand that the Loft is a communal cattery (unless specified otherwise by the owner) and accepts that along with positive social benefits, there are also some potential risks.
- Owners agree to pay for all veterinary bills that may be incurred during their cat’s stay at the Loft on departure.
- If, in the opinion of staff at the Loft, your cat requires veterinary attention during its stay, a consultation will be made with a vet at the Sommerville Veterinary Centre (if you would like your own vet to be contacted then please advise staff on admittance and that suitable transport would be available) An appropriate treatment course will then be made and followed. All costs incurred are to be paid by the owner on departure.
- Staff have the right to refuse admittance to any cat that is showing suspected symptoms of cat flu. Signs include discharge from the eyes and/or nose and sneezing. These cats will be excluded from the Loft. Any cats developing the symptoms mentioned during their stay at the Loft will be quarantined in the Sommerville Veterinary Centre and hospitalisation rates will be charged.