Veterinary treatment can be expensive and unfortunately, unlike human health care, there is no Government funded system. At the Sommerville Vet Centre you can be reassured that our fees are set to ensure receive the best available care that we can provide:
- We are an owner operated veterinary practice and our vets have over 40 years experience between them.
- We have “best practice” systems that are reviewed twice a year to ensure all our vets are providing an up to date and consistent level of care.
- We insist all our nurses are either fully qualified or are studying towards their VN qualification.
- A large percentage of re-investment into the practice to ensure we have access to the latest equipment to give you and your pet the best treatment available.
- Access to unlimited phone advice by staff that have full access to your pet’s records.
In order to provide you with a high quality service, we request that all fees are paid for in full at the time of treatment. Our routine charges (eg cost of vaccination or neutering) are set at a fixed fee. Please contact the clinic on 5370111 for our current prices. For non-routine treatments or procedures, our vets will try to give you a reasonable estimate of the costs involved. However it is often impossible to know at the start of treatment what will be involved for the course and so exact quotes cannot be given.
Should your animal require hospitalisation or is undergoing continual treatment, our staff will try to keep you informed on a daily basis of the ongoing costs and we will always inform you should the total go above what you were originally estimated.
Pet Insurance is a good way of providing peace of mind for your pet. With animals that are covered, the bill must be paid in full by the owners, directly to the practice. We will then fill in an insurance claim form for you, allowing the money to be reclaimed.
We work with all the major Pet Insurance providers in NZ
- Southern Cross Pet Insurance
- Pet-n-sur Pet Protection
- Pet Plan
TYPES OF PAYMENT ACCEPTED
We accept all major credit cards as well as cheques (by prior approval only) and cash. We are able to take telephone payments for credit card transactions.
We also offer two financing options:
- Smart Cover